My story

 


Today I would like to share my views and feelings about disability. Earlier in my childhood when

I went somewhere people used to see and would say various things about me. For example,

they would say, ‘’why has God made you like this?”. Even today some people say such things.

But, now, many people are aware of disabilities. I know, they were showing sympathy towards

me, but still, it hurts my feelings. Because I am already concerned with my problems and when

someone wants to make me realize it then it hurts me emotionally. I know it is a natural feeling

for everyone. When I see so many differently-abled people, who are in more difficult

conditions than me and are still happy and enjoying their life that gives me strength and hope.

I feel as if my problem is nothing in front of them. And I thank Almighty God for whatever I

have.

                                              
My Grandfather (Dr. H.M.Munje), My father, and me


I feel if any differently-abled person is happy with his or her conditions and other people show pity unnecessarily, this is not right. Unless someone is differently-abled or has any kind of a physical problem and he is really not happy and suffering from the pain we should not feel pity for them unnecessarily. My mom told me that in my childhood I started walking very late. She took me out on some road or parks and would pull my hand to make me walk. People around would pass their comments, “See, how she is treating and forcing her child.” They would suggest to my mother either she should take me in her arms or hire any servant for me. my mom ignored people’s views and continued with her work.



My first walking steps


Today if I can walk(anyhow), I am sure, it's because of my mother. This reminds me oft he

exact story of Helen Keller which you have read in my previous article. At the beginning of the

story, we think that the teacher was getting too harsh on Helen, but at last, we realise that the

harshness of the teacher was the betterment for Helen. Of-course, there should be some

specific degree or some level of harshness. We should not conclude that any type of

harshness is good. As year passed, one day, I asked my mother ”I wish, there was a vehicle

for me that I could ride on my own.” My mother asked someone: where could we find any

special cycle? He referred us an exact address of the main market in Delhi. We went to that

market and ordered the tricycle. I have been using this cycle for many years. Before the

pandemic and the lockdown, I was riding this tricycle, around the park, in our area. It is fun to

ride. I made a video of myself on my bike(tricycle). I am sure, some of you have already seen

the video. Sometimes I do some marketing also on my bike. For example, I buy packets of milk

and put it in the basket of the tricycle. I would even go to the mall and to the metro on this

tricycle. When people see my tricycle, they ask, "What type of cycle is this?" In Hindi, they

ask, "यह कैसी साइकिल है?"









Many years ago, one day, I went somewhere to fill the air in the tires. So, the guy, who was filling

the air in my cycle started talking to me and said, "See, you have everything in your life, but, they

are useless for you because can not walk, can not talk, can not play, and not able to enjoy your

life. At that moment I felt very bad but could not reply to him anything. He filled the air in the tires

and I came back home. When I reached my home I told the whole story to my mother. She said,

"let’s go in our car and make him understand, very gently and calmly. We reached there, but

unfortunately, he was not there. So, we decided to leave that matter. I think if we are not able to

encourage someone or say any positive words about someone or if we do not have any solution to

their problems, it is better not to say a single word about them. Because, in this world, each and

every person is suffering from some sort of problems, but, we are all trying our best to solve our

problems.

Thank you so much for reading this article!




My tricycle in 3D model






Comments

  1. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. That's what makes us all special. Lovely article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, everyone have strengths and weaknesses
      thank you so much for liking my article!


      .

      Delete
  2. Dear Anand , It is great that you teach us about your experiences, so we can all devlope learning from each other . I am looking forward to your future writings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your appreciation. we all can learn from each other experiences.
      I'll try to keep posting my writings. If you have any suggestions for how can I improve my writings, then you're most welcome.

      Delete
  3. I liked the video a lot , I hope you can make more of it in the future,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!
      Will try to post more

      Delete
  4. Anand joon e aziz, as you mentioned some of us read the story before and watched your movie, but every time I read it, it hits my heart because its so true. I truly love the simple and clear way u explained it. It is absolutely true that everyone of us have some thing to work on and get better on it day by day. I was listening to this talk that says happiness is when we r working on ourselves to be a better version of ourselves. And I really see how this act of being a better person brings inner happiness. Love you with all my heart, your daily efforts and good spirit is an inspiration to all of us. ��������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Nilu jan, for your lovely comment!!!!!

      Yeah, we should do something for our betterment, but, here a question can arise that, what we can do?
      by the way do you also write on blog?

      Delete
  5. I ctually don't and this was my first time writing on a blog.
    To answer your question, I think one of the thing u can do is to listen to different podcasts or read books about this and write or discuss it here. U can inspire people, which I think is a very good service, specially since you are living a life full of challenges and experiences that many of us lacking. I always can relate to people who experience something and then talk rather a good speaker who never had any experience of what he talks. Hope I am clear🤗 I am clearly not a good writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, i'm reading books, and will try to discuss here, about what I'm reading.

      That would be the best, if a writer shares his/her actual experience, but, sometime they have to write about non-experienced things, to convey their message to the readers. Or there are so many stories just for entertaining purpose. ​

      I hope, it makes any sense. :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Anand, I loved reading every line of it and it moved me immeasurably. This article talks about the emotional grapple that everyone faces on a daily basis and how vital it is to uplift each other in heart and spirit. Would be looking forward to more of this articulate expressions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sir for your kind comment.


      Delete
  8. You have much potential.
    Don't ever give up writing.
    I would love to read your blog.. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social and psychological impacts of quarantine due to Coronavirus

Learn basic chess moves